Wednesday, May 14, 2008

OMET statements revisited

I have read some very nice replies to my "masters application statement revisited" posted in BlackBoard. Thank you Brandy and Jessica!


I am still reading through them but I just read an awesome and insightful post from one of the techies in the program. Rita. In her's she discusses how she has changed and how she looks upon her work and co-workers. I too have discovered that I have had to change and let go a little in order to lead better. I like her statement that "you honor their brilliance" Reminds me of the poet Kao Ch'i who said "An ideal government should cultivate these values, should honor brilliance, should encourage talent." The ideals being characteristics of leadership. It is something I am trying to get people I work with to become-not programmed users of technology, but leaders and innovators of their own self growth through finding ways to make technology meaningful so that it will be embraced rather than feared and despised.

No comments: